Saturday, February 14, 2009

Getting Ready for the Spring Flower Season










Spring is coming quickly to my part of California, we have had a couple of light rains and then a big warm up. This weekend will bring a ton of rain! The flowers in my neighborhood are all ready up and starting to bloom. I am hoping for a long season and a great bloom.
Carol Leigh's website is already posting updates here
One of my new favorite books is California's Wild Gardens
My first destination will probably be Mt Figueroa for the Chocolate Lilies

3 comments:

  1. Your flowers are beautiful. Helen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carol, these flowers are exquisite! Are they chocolate lilies? I think we have something similar here...probably a different variety, though. I absolutely love your wildflower images!
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete